Worked fine in DEV, OPS problem now

During the past year at work, we did a complete rewrite of our websites from scratch. Not only did we aim to build a mobile-first responsive website with high performance, we also tried to do it with continuous integration and continuous delivery in mind. All that on a proprietary platform not built with CI in mind. This was a very big challenge, which involved a culture change in a lot of people. Unfortunately, the project had a hard deadline. Things were left out. Corners were cut.

Continue reading “Worked fine in DEV, OPS problem now”

Adventures with automated browser tests in JavaScript

This is a long post, be advised! It goes through the adventures we have had at work with automated browser tests in JavaScript. It has been a journey full of challenges and knowledge build up, a journey that still goes on! Continue reading “Adventures with automated browser tests in JavaScript”